Friday 24 April 2009

American Vogue May 2009


The highly-anticipated May 09 cover of American Vogue featuring models is out. It’s very large. On front cover we can se Liya Kebede, Natalia Vodianova, and Anna Jagodzinska. On the other part we see: Isabeli Fontana, Jourdan Dunn, Raquel Zimmermann, Lara Stone, Caroline Trentini and Natasha Poly. I like the cover, but some models are way too photoshoped. At the beginning I thought that instead of Natalia Vodianova I is Maryna Linchuk.
I don’t like the casting that much too. On cover sposed to be models considered as a “face of the moment”, and we have got Natalioa, who is more a model veteran. Anyway I think that we are missing here Anja Rubik and Erin Wasson (crazy rocn’n’roll American model, but maybe she is more in style of NYLON and I-D magazines?), anyway shame that they did not include them. How come there’s not a single American model there??
Last observation: it’s the third time American Vogue featured a black woman on the cover.




Photobucket




Photobucket


photo source:www.trendhunter.com

No comments: